- Click here to Nominate: FACULTY AWARD NOMINATIONS Scroll down and use your AD login
- To nominate, choose the award, and only add the nominee’s name . No letter of support needed at this time.
- Letters of nomination/support will need to be e-mailed directly to nominee for him/her to upload and complete their nomination file.
The Faculty Senate Honorary Degrees and Awards Committee invites you to submit names of worthy colleagues in your units who have established high records of achievement in the following six categories:
|Category||Number of Awards|
|Excellence in Advising and Mentorship||3|
|Excellence in Engagement||1|
|Excellence in Librarianship||1|
|Excellence in Research and Creative Activities||6|
|Excellence in Service||1|
|Excellence in Teaching||6|
Each award carries a $5,000 stipend. The awards will be presented at the annual Faculty Convocation held during Fall Semester 2021.
We have simplified and clarified the criteria for the awards with the goal to make nominations and submissions easier for everyone. The committee prefers substantive nomination letters from colleagues or supervisors, but in a university tradition, it also accepts self-nominations.
The nominations may be made by clicking on “Faculty Awards Nomination” above, or through this website: https://facultynominations.fiu.edu/nominate/. The Nominator only has to provide the name of the Nominee and the category. The letter of nomination/support will need to be sent directly to the Nominee, as he/she will upload the document directly into their nomination file.
Nominees will subsequently receive a congratulatory email. This email will include instructions for how to compose an application or withdraw from the nomination.
Nominations should include hard empirical evidence. Files will need to follow the guidelines as the committee sadly won’t be able to consider those not doing so.
The Faculty Senate Honorary Degrees and Awards Committee will evaluate applications according to rubrics now included with the award descriptions. The committee’s recommendations will then forward its selection to the Provost.
Please note the important deadlines:
- For nominations: February 15th to March 1st, 2021 by 11:59:PM
- For submission of completed application files: March 22, 2021 by 11:59PM
- Once colleagues are nominated, the nominees will receive instructions on how to proceed.
If you have questions please contact Mary Cossio in the Faculty Senate office through email at email@example.com.
For more information on eligibility, criteria and required documentation click the following links:
To see a list of all previous award recipients, click here.